Saturday, December 22, 2012

First Step

Well, hello to you...whoever you are.  See, I’ve decided to record my progress in achieving my dreams. Now I do feel like Julie in the movie “Julie and Julia” when she started blogging her progress in cooking Julia’s food though in my case, I am here to blog about how I am doing with my writing. Here’s a little histroy of my ‘dream passion’.
I started to write a silly story at the age of thirteen, my 1st year in high school. This story is about a girl who met a prince and a bad boy. It’s kind of a typical teenager love cliché and to be honest, as I read through it at my current age…I find it humiliating. One, I gave the prince a weird surname—Lingerie. Of course I didn’t know what that means back then until my sister told me what. Next, I have written another novel based on my favorite anime. I must say, I did a pretty good job at that and it’s finished though I am not yet done proofreading it. I, too, am embarrassed again.


At the age of 13 to 15 years old, I’ve written tons of unfinished stories and some are still stuck inside my head or inside a USB with virus in it that can be deleted any minute. Well, back then I was thinking “Why can’t I finish a story?”, and the answer came to me.
I don’t know how to make a skeleton of the story. Though I finished three novels without making any character description or such, as I skim over it…the stories are CRAPTASTIC. They’re ready to be burned.


But now, I knew how to do the basic steps. Creating your character’s storyline, their appearance, the plot, the by chapter tiny story, etc. And with that, I’ve finished a story that I am proud of. Well, I finished this because I wanted to join NaNoWriMo 2012, a writing event. Last November, I remembered NaNoWriMo suddenly so I checked on it and guess what? I started to write “Scarlet” four days before the event ends. I skipped school for three and a half days and busied myself in finishing Scarlet. I wasn’t able to finish to 50,000 words but hey, luck was on my side because they’re having a ‘Young Writer’s Program’ where the target-words are just 30,000. I made my novel to 47,000 + and I was able to submit it and win. The feeling was inexpressible and skipping school was worth it. Now, I am hoping to publish “Scarlet”, self-published or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment